How Much To Pay Sugar Baby—Sugar Baby Allowance Guide 2023
The financial side of sugar relationships sparks the most curiosity among sugar babies and sugar daddies, especially if they are new to this world. You can’t just look up prices, as the sugar baby allowance per visit will not be the same as the monthly allowance. And many factors affect the answer to the question: ‘How much allowance do sugar babies get?’.
If you are interested in how much to pay sugar baby or how much to ask for, keep reading our comprehensive guide.
What is sugar baby allowance?
First things first, let’s define what SB allowance is. In the sugar dating world, it is one way of monetary or material compensation for dating a sugar daddy on a weekly, monthly, or as-needed basis. Professional SBs treat allowance as sugar baby salary.
Traditionally, allowance is mainly used for more long-term sugar relationships (2+ months). It works the best if a sugar daddy has one baby. But if a SD looks for a few sugar babies or doesn’t have time for regular meetings, it’s better to go for a sugar allowance per day, also known as PPM. A SD pays a certain sum for a SB for one date, which is usually 3-4 hours. But some babies negotiate sugar baby payment per hour.
The size of compensation is usually discussed beforehand and can be negotiable or non-negotiable. Some sugar daddies tell the sum of the weekly or monthly allowance right away, however, other SDs may ask for what sugar baby wants or needs. As 40% of sugar babies are still at college or are grads, most ask to pay tuition or help in paying out student loans. Also, paying rent, phone bills, and car payments is widely popular.
Let’s explore the current sugar baby allowance range, and what types of payments exist.
Types of sugar baby arrangements
Before you know how much to pay sugar baby, you need to evaluate what type of relationship you seek. There are 7 types of sugar arrangements that sugar daddies traditionally look for:
- Sugar friendships. Mutually beneficial relationships with someone a sugar baby considers a friend. Usually, it’s not about getting a sum per date but more about covering rent, bills, or other needs.
- Compensated dating. Non-sexual relationships usually take the form of compensating a woman to go on a date or attend an event. It is very popular in Asia and can cost from $100.
- Companionship with compensation. Non-sexual relationships may include texting, phone calls, and meetings. Costs vary, but the average is $200-800.
- Sugar friends with benefits. Same as sugar friendships but with intimate relationships added to them. It can cost anywhere from $500 to a few thousand.
- Sugar dating. It is the most popular way that combines companionship and intimate relationships. The average allowance size can be from $1K to 5K a month.
- Sugar escort. Non-emotional relationship, mainly based around intimacy, $400 or $500 per night.
- Pragmatic relationships. A woman enters a relationship to be cared for the rest of her life, and it costs thousands of dollars.
What type to choose? Or how much to ask for? It mostly depends on relationship type. Relationships that require any intimacy are generally highly-paid. But note that these are just estimates, and there are a lot of factors that may influence the final sum of sugar allowance per day or month.
Sugar baby allowance guide
Here are the main factors to consider if you are seeking arrangement monthly fee or cost per meeting.
- Sugar daddy net worth. The higher the sugar daddy income, the bigger allowance they provide.
- Average in your location. Atlanta and Vancouver have the highest amount of sugar daddies, which makes more popular regions higher-paying than some small cities in the middle of nowhere.
- Whether there are expectations of intimacy or not. Platonic relationships are generally paid less. For example, the average minimum for a platonic relationship is $500 per month, while the minimum for intimate sugar arrangements is $1-2K.
- Frequency of meetings. Usually, a sugar arrangement is for 4 to 8 dates per month. If a sugar daddy wants more, he adds something depending on the frequency.
- The average duration of a date. The standard duration is up to 4 hours, but if a sugar daddy wants an arrangement for a few days, it requires an extra payment.
Also, some other factors can raise the cost of the allowance:
- Occupation. The higher the ambition of a woman, the higher her allowance is. Sugar daddies are often more willing to support education than just shopping.
- Appearance. Looks are an essential factor that defines an amount for compensation, as some daddies cover salon expenses or gym memberships and generally pay more for women who take care of their appearance.
- Education. Well-educated women are more likely to get a higher allowance as they can appeal not just to physical attraction but also mental connection.
- Age. Younger women tend to get bigger allowances, but it doesn’t work universally.
- Open or closed sugar relationship type. If a sugar daddy doesn’t want his baby to date someone else, he pays more to make her just his sugar baby.
Evaluating an average for a sugar baby allowance can be a challenge, as no price works for all women in all regions. But mostly, everything comes to what a sugar daddy can afford and what a sugar baby needs. Note that no perks, like presents or dinners, are not a part of the allowance.